Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

Dearest momma,
Skyping on Christmas was so fun. So short. So crazy. But now it just kind of feels like a dream. You all look so beautiful!
Somehow Christmas has come and gone. It was definitely a different Christmas than normal. But it was a good one.
Goals and miracles: So our entire mission had goals for the week of christmas. From the way Charentsavan was looking at the beginning of the week, I knew Mini and I were going to need some miracles. The work was really slow because of the new year and NO ONE wanted to meet. I was praying a lot at the beginning of the week just pleading for some miracles. I'll admit my faith was running out and I was feeling exhausted. So on Wednesday I got an unexpected call from President Carlson asking me if I would be willing to let the Elders take over Char for a bit so that I could come down south to help Sister T in Ajabnyak. Of course I said yes. I can't exactly say no…So for the past week and for the rest of the transfer I'll be in Ajabnyak with Sister T. Mini is in Arabkir with Sister L. Sister T and I have been working really hard this week and WELL exceeded all of our goals (except for our investigator at sacrament meeting goal. We had to come to terms with the fact that our investigators have agency).
God answered my prayers. Not in the way that I thought He would. At all. But He answered my prayers. And the best part of it is, we worked for it. And it feels so good.

Testimony:
It's been a while since I've written out my testimony but I hope you all know that I have one.
I have a testimony that this is right where I am supposed to be. I have a testimony that there is no other work in the world that is more important than sharing this gospel. I know with all of my heart that this is the true church. I know that God is a God of mercy, a God of miracles and a God of love. This gospel has brought me more happiness than I can say and I want nothing more than for everyone else in the world to feel this same happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that through our Savior we can be saved. We can be clean. Through Him we can do anything. Nothing is EVER too late. It is never too late to turn your life around. There is no limit on the atonement. And I hope that we all use the enabling and cleasing power of it everyday of our lives. And if we don't, I hope that we will start today.
I love you,
Madie

No comments:

Post a Comment