Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year from Armenia!

Momma,
Sister T and I have really had a blast together these past 2 weeks. It's been a busy and crazy 2 weeks but it was awesome. We did a lot of New Years partying :) The city is still really intimidating but it's not as bad as I thought. But transfers are in a few days and from the sounds of it I'll be heading back to Charentsavan! I'm trying to not to get my hopes up...but we'll find out Tuesday night. It's a little bittersweet because in the 2 weeks that I've been here I've really fallen in love with the members and our investigators! There's no winning with transfers. It's always hard. But if I do get to go back to Char I'll be so happy.
New Years Parties and Pounds: Armenians love to party!! They party harder than anyone I've ever met. And they know how to too! New Years in Armenia is the biggest holiday of the year. It is CRAZY here. Everything shuts down. Everything. They all buy tons and tons of food and just eat and dance and party until January 13th. And they wont let you sit it out. I've never danced so hard or ate so much in my entire life. Let's just say I gained a few....:)
I'm also the lamest companion ever. I'm the only missionary who didn't stay up for midnight fireworks (which was apparently so insane) so Sister T had to celebrate alone. :( I fell asleep at 10:00.

I don't really have a whole lot else to talk about. Everyday I wake up and do the same thing so sometimes it's hard to think of things to email home. But just know that I'm loving every minute of everyday and that there's nowhere else in the world that I'd rather be. I'm in an awesome country doing the Lord's work. What else is there? This is great!

I hope you all make and reach some awesome goals this year. Remember: Moroni 10:23 Everything is possible through the Lord.
Go get 'em!
Mads

No comments:

Post a Comment