Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Kate's coming home!

Momma.

So I'm trying not to freak out that I can't be there to see Katie when she gets home. Please give her a hug for me. I miss her. So much. It will be two years and two months by the time we see each other.

Sick: So I'm still a sickling but I feel loads better. Despite being sick we still were able to have a good week. We picked up a few new investigators and as a result of mighty prayers on our part we've received TONS of referrals. It's awesome! We're busy busy busy. And we love love love it.

Baptism: We had a baptism on Saturday. It was for the little 8 year old boy that I was asking advice for a few months ago who is terrified of water. He finally made it into the waters of baptism! From the second he stepped into the water he was plugging his nose with one hand and gripping Elder G's hand with the other. But he made it and came out of the water with a huge smile on his face. My heart absolutely melted. It was the sweetest thing. The spirit was so strong. Man, this church is true.

S and A: Sister F and I are both heartbroken. Neither S nor A came to church. We did everything we could to get them there. But in the end it comes down to their agency. They spirit was so strong in the lesson I wrote home about last week and I know they both felt something undeniable. As heartbreaking and discouraging as it is, I feel at peace knowing that we did everything that we could.

I can't believe how fast my mission has flown by. Everyone always told me it would but I never gave it any thought. After this transfer I only have 2 transfers left. Woah. It just makes me want to work that much harder knowing I only have until September.

Testimony: I know with all my heart that this church is true. It took me a while to figure it out for myself. But I'm so forever grateful that I finally did because I've never been happier. I've never thought less about myself, I've never been so tired, and I've never been rejected as much as I have been on my mission. But I have also never been so happy. I have never felt like this before. I wish I could make you all understand. But I can't. You just have to figure it out for yourselves. I promise you'll never find more joy anywhere else. That's a big promise and I'm sticking to it.

I love you
love, mads

No comments:

Post a Comment