Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Neil L. Andersen



Hi friends and family!


I hope everyone is enjoying their Easter week! We definitely are here at the MTC. I can't remember what things I've already told you so forgive me if I repeat things.

Cool things: Vocal point came and performed for us. The BYU Mens Chorus performed for us. And David Archuletta, and Richard Elliot (MOTAB organist), and Elder Oaks is coming on Sunday. When Elder Neuenschwander came and spoke to us (a friend of grandmas) he quoted Kate's testimony that she emailed home and then mentioned that I was currently here at the MTC so of course I turned bright red when everyone turned to look at me. But it was awesome to get to speak to him afterwords. He's an awesome man. Then yesterday our devotional speaker was Elder Neil L. Andersen. So that was cool. But was even cooler was that as I was getting up at dinner to take my tray to the bus belt Sister Nally (the MTC president's wife) came up to me and asked if my companion and I could do someone a favor. Of course I couldn't say no, especially because she somehow always finds me to tell me she's going to keep me in the MTC longer. So I had to keep the good feelings there. She then told me that she needed us to sort of 'babysit' Elder Andersen's grand kids while they all ate dinner together. So when they all arrived at the MTC sister Thueson got to meet him and talk to him for a bit. (we got a picture with him but I haven't been able to track down the elder that took the picture. so hopefully i can find it for everyone) We then sort of took the grandkids (8 of them. ages ranging from 18 down to 6) and took them to the cafeteria to eat and kind of just entertained them. Then we got special treatment and got to sit up in the front at the devotional. So that was a neat experience.

Funny things: I think we're all a little worn/stressed out so we haven't laughed a whole lot lately. But don't worry we all still love each other, we're just a little more focused because we leave in less than 2 weeks.

Sad things: 2 of our favorite elders left for Madagascar this week. That was really rough. I never realized how fast you could grow to love people here in the MTC. We're all just best friends. Sister Thueson and I got released as the Sister Training Leaders. That was sad but it was also a bit of a relief seeing as it was sometimes a stressful calling. But I'll miss being there for all the girls to turn to when they need help.

New things: We got 3 new sisters and 1 new elder in our zone. 2 sisters are going to Indonesia and they are so cute. One is from St. George and the other is from Australia. The Elder is going to Malasia and is from New Zealand. And then our other sister is from Ghana and she is beautiful! She is going to Madagascar. So we are so excited to have new people in our zone.

Scary things: I LEAVE IN 12 DAYS!! But I have never looked forward to something more! I have been waiting so long for this and its finally almost here!

Spiritual things: I don't just believe in this Gospel, I have fallen in love with it. And that is a whole other step. I love this more than anything and I never really understood that before. It's not just going to church on Sunday and reading your scriptures and praying every night. It is so much more than that. It is my life now and I love it. I never thought the day would come when I looked forward to personal study where I could just dig into the scriptures and find new perspectives on things, and l pray for everyone I love! I Love it!!! And I know you all can too. In honor of Easter I challenge you all to ponder scriptures on the Atonement and the Resurrection. Really ponder and try to understand the importance and the incredibility of it all. Read it and love it. I promise you won't regret it. This day is so incredible and it has EVERYTHING to do with you - those that support me and love me.

I love you all so much and I love getting everyone's letters. Letters are my favorite! Thank you for thinking of me :)

Happy Easter! love, Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment