Tuesday, April 14, 2015

General Conference

So, we finally watched General Conference. It was really great. We all thought it was a bit ironic because it was all on marriage and we're all missionaries. But we all still got a lot out of it. I loved Linda K. Burton's talk. It really hit me hard and had me in quiet tears the whole time. I also really enjoyed M. Russell Ballard's talk from the Priesthood Session. Also, Brent H. Nielson's was a really touching one. This conference was quite an emotional one for me and I'm sure for you and many others. It brought feelings of excitement for the future but also feelings of fear. It also brought feelings of sadness. But mostly it brought feelings of joy. What was your favorite talk?
So on Thursday we got a new addition to our companionship. We are now a tripanionship. Sister T and her new trainee, Sister N were in Vanadzor when something scary happened and they had to take sisters out of Vanadzor. So the decision that was made was that the new trainee, Sister N, would come and serve with sister B and I here in the city and sister T would go back to her old area with the Sister training leaders. So Sister N is quite shaken up. But it'll be a good transfer. I just really hope and pray that I'll be able to help her. I don't feel very adequate at this point but I hope we can help her overcome her fears and anxieties.
We have some really amazing investigators right now:
We're teaching a family of 5 right now who have a baptismal date for the 2nd of May. They are all really excited but we can tell there's something on the mom's mind. She wont tell us though. We've been praying for the gift of discernment but obviously it still requires her agency. It's hard to help someone if they wont let you know how.
Other investigator V is progressing really well. She reads like crazy and has tons of great questions her baptismal date is also for the 2nd of May. The only rough thing about her is that she lives almost an hour away. But it's so worth it. She is really amazing.
Our other investigators I actually haven't met yet because they left for a village for a while. But we hope to be able to meet with them soon.
We have already seen so many miracles this transfer. We met a really cute family on the street last week and are anxious to have us over. We have witnessed many other miracles.
I love you so much and I hope you have a great week.
-Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment