Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Transfer week!

So as you already know, transfers are on Friday and I'm really sad about it because Char has really become my home. The people here are my family and I love everything here. But I've be really prayerful about it so that I'll be able to go where ever I'm called with a willing heart. I'll let you all know where this next transfer takes me.

So A is a 20 something year old guy. He is a friend of one of our members. We met him at her house and he was "far from spiritual things." But we've been working on him for a while and have been sneaking in all the lessons. :) It's been great. He came to church yesterday and Sister F and I were smiling the entire time. He now has a baptismal date for May 1. I'm really bummed that I won't be there for it. But he's come such a long way. He's really shy but he get's really happy anytime we come over. He won't admit it but we know he feels the spirit every time we have lessons.

M and V are a mom and son. The M just had a baby. Here in Armenia there's an unwritten rule that you don't leave the house for 40 days after having a baby. She's still inside her 40 days so she isn't able to come to church. But she is really excited to come to church as soon as her 40 days are up. V came to church for the first time yesterday. He was always to shy to come without his mom but one of our little members is his friend from school so we brought him with us and convinced V to come. It was great. After church we walked him home and he ran in the house and yelled,"I'm going to church again next Sunday!" He loved it. They don't have a baptismal date yet but we're planning on giving them one this week before transfers. I still haven't told them I'm leaving because I'm worried they'll be sad. Maybe I shouldn't flatter myself.

This transfer has been the best so far. I served with an amazing companion who I learned so much from. I served with great elders. We had lots of elect people baptized. We had a great branch and Branch President. My best friends are here. But I'm sure I'll love wherever I go next.

Have fun watching Conference! We don't get to watch it until a week after you do so I'm feeling a little impatient. But It's going to be great!

I love you!
Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment