Monday, May 18, 2015

zone conference

So good news first … H was baptized!! It was super stressful but in the end everything worked out. She is probably one of my favorite investigators up to this point … such a pure heart and spirit full of faith and desire to learn and to do what is right.
Zone conference on Tues was way good!! So much I wish I could share....
In (Mos 3:19) the Savior wants us to be Child-like. To me, when I think about being childlike, I think of simplicity, joy in the small things, accepting, honest, trusting and hopeful. No one of us is perfect at being child-like but there are things we can be perfect in if we choose. One of the things we talked a lot about is that Ingratitude is closely connected with Discouragement. If you are not happy in life, you aren't doing it right.

My wonderful companion and I have been trying to be more grateful and recognize the hand of the Lord in our work … in other words … recognize the daily miracles. It has been neat to see how they add up and how much the Lord really is in the little things in life - in the details. I encourage you all to start a Miracle List of your own -- I have found more faith and trust in him as I “seek him” at the end of every day.

I listened to a talk from Elder Holland this morning as we were cleaning the apartment. One of my favorite quotes was …

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. . . . Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27)…. That may be one of the Savior’s commandments that is, even in the hearts of faithful Latter-day Saints, almost universally disobeyed...

As concerned as I would be if somewhere in their lives one of my children were seriously troubled or unhappy or disobedient, nevertheless I would be infinitely more devastated if I felt that at such a time that child could not trust me to help, or should feel his or her interest were unimportant to me or unsafe in my care.

In that same spirit, I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands or trust in his commandments.

Just because God is God, just because Christ is Christ, they cannot do anything other than care for us and bless us and help us if we will but come unto them, approaching their throne of grace in meekness and lowliness of heart. They can’t help but bless us. They have to. It is their nature. … There is not a single loophole or curveball or open trench to fall into for the man or woman who walks the path that Christ walks. When he says, “Come, follow me” (Luke 18:22), he means that he knows where the quicksand is and where the thorns are and the best way to handle the slippery slope near the summit of our personal mountains. He knows it all, and he knows the way. He is the way."

I love that. We all need to trust Him better and Have Faith in His promised blessings.

Now some not so fun news … My companion and I had some uninvited/unwanted guests this weekend. Don’t worry … they left us shortly after they came but we were just "itching" to have them gone. haha

Also, as a missionary you can only read the conference ensign so many times so I picked up the March's New Era from the office and I was really pleased by it. I strongly recommend you all (not just the New Era aged ones) read it if you haven't already.

I love you all so much.

Love, Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment