Monday, May 25, 2015

Awesome meeting with Seventy/Area presidency

Alma 37:6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.... Love this one. We tend to forget who is in charge.

I loved the meeting with Elder Halstrom and Elder Bennett from the Seventy/Area presidency!! I had written down several questions that I had and planned to ask about them -- BUT others beat me to the draw. The cool thing is that the questions that were asked and the discussions that we had answered the questions I wrote down. I know that we were guided by the Spirit and blessed with revelation.

One of my favorite quotes was -- The Savior is pleased, don't choose discouragement. The world makes us expect immediate feedback but that is NOT the Lords way. Evaluate always but keep an Eternal perspective -- Hope.

I loved Elder Halstrom's advice too -- The mission is the time to establish our relationship with Heavenly Father, our foundation and figure out who we are -- to the CORE. This should not however be the spiritual peak of our lives. We should continue in the habits we create here as much as possible so that it continues to effect us forever.

-- The Lord truly blessed us this week -- Our finding pool is overflowing we picked up 4 new investigators and we are getting more support from our members (LA's too)!! Because we changed our hearts and made a conscious decisions to choose faith. It's the Key!! We trusted in His promises and He guided us to where we needed to be.


I realized that what Sister Halstrom said is true...."My heart was there first and that made it easier for the rest of me ..." This week I was filled with extra love for my mission. I got to spend time with all the people I love (members & missionaries) and learn by the spirit. Stake Conference was Great!!


Sorry this is kind of all over the place ... Have a great week!
Love, SIster Kuyk
Cascades

Huge Moth


No comments:

Post a Comment