Monday, August 4, 2014

The language will come....

momma,

I am so sad I missed Jilly's baptism but I am so proud of her!

This week nothing happened really just because we are still pretty new to the area. We have been meeting with a lot of potential investigators.
We are teaching two very elect ladies right now that are both so ready for baptism. We are so excited. The spirit is so strong in our lessons and I can't wait to see them as members.

Fast sunday: Again?? Wow. I love this privilege that we have to fast once a month. I definitely had plenty of things that I was fasting for. I hope everyone took advantage of the great opportunity to fast yesterday. I can testify of the many great blessings that we receive from fasting.

Language: So you probably all know by now that this is a touchy subject for me. My mind doesn't seem to retain things very well therefore making learning a language very difficult for me. But I am going to swallow my pride for a minute for the sake of some people that I know will be learning a new language very soon. I feel that in the English language I am able to speak well. I am able to bear my testimony and say the thoughts of my heart and express myself well. Here in Armenia speaking the Armenian language has taken that from me. I cannot say everything that I want and am forced to say very little of what I actually feel and want to say. But I know that the gift of tongues is real. Learning a language is the most humbling, hard, frustrating, annoying things I have ever had to do. But it's worth it, because it is through this language that I will be able to help bring these people closer to their Savior. My companion is so amazing and takes the time to help me with the language. I have learned so much from her in the week that I have been with her. The language will come. To the person that I have in mind, I hope you know who you are, you are about to be an incredible missionary. You are about to be humbled more than you wish to be by the hard language you are about to learn but trust me it will be worth it and I am so proud of you.

I love my family, this gospel, my Savior and Redeemer and my Heavenly Father.
The church is true. I bet my life on it.
Love, Sister Mads
xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment