Monday, August 25, 2014

heart attacks

This week was......

Heart-attacks: So our ward really needs strengthening. A lot of it. In the past Char has bee known for it's crazy high baptism numbers but the retention is terrible. We have 100's of inactives. So Sister and I decided to Heart-attack some members and less actives. we cut out tons of hearts and put scriptures and nice things on them and then tape them all over their door. And the results have been miraculous! I cried like a baby during sacrament yesterday because almost all of the people we had heart attacked had shown up to church dressed as nicely as they could afford. They were sooooo happy! Hugging and kissing us and best of all sat through sacrament. What a miracle. I cannot tell you the joy I felt yesterday. Sundays are really rough for missionaries. I think I can speak for most missionaries by saying that. But I loved yesterday! The Lord really is helping us tremendously.

Investigators: Our investigator couples came to church yesterday!!! And we even got some members to be nice to them and sit next to them! It was truly the best Sunday ever. One of our Investigators (I'll call her M) is in the Book of Ether!! We've only been meeting with her for a few weeks! She thinks it's really interesting but she is having a hard time seeing why we need the BOM. She's really amazing.

One of my favorite scriptures is in the New Testament in Matthew 28:19-20:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe al things whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with you alway even unto the end of the world. Amen."
Sometimes you just need the little reminders.

Love you all,
Sister K

No comments:

Post a Comment