Tuesday, June 23, 2015

last week before transfers

This week is transfers. I can't believe that the transfer is gone! Sister B and I feel a little bit jipped!! It's been one of the funnest transfers and it just flew right by! But despite that I'm excited for transfers.

We took the opportunity to fast yesterday and I made a list of things to improve on during this next transfer. I really felt the Lord's spirit and his guidance as I set new goals and plans to be a better missionary.

Investigators: V is FANTASTIC!! I don't know if she could get any more perfect. She is almost to 2 Nephi and wanted to bear her testimony at the Elders Baptism on Sat! I love her with all my heart. We found out her brother is leaving before he can be baptized which is sad but I'm grateful to have been able to plant a seed of faith in his heart. He is a good kid. I know the Lord will take care of him and help him come back in contact with the church after 2yrs.

I learned an important lesson this week -- Even "after all we can do", it is still "by grace that we are saved" (2 Nephi 25:23). So, if it's all about grace, why do we work hard? "If ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants" (Mosiah 2:21). So why do we bother to give our all?

As President Uchtdorf taught us in General Conference, it is out of a love for God! We give our all to serve the Lord because we love him, and we are eternally grateful for His Infinite Atonement! It is our Redeemer that makes us able to "stand blameless before God at the last day".

I love my Savior. And it's my testimony that keeps me going. I know that miracles come as a result of faith, and we can have more perfect faith as we more fully understand our Savior and His will.

Love,
Sister Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment