Monday, July 13, 2015

Vardavar!

On one Sunday in July every year Armenia has a water day. It is actually called Varda Var....which has some meaning that I am not actually fully clear on but I explained it some in last years e-mail about Vardavar. So everyone just waters everyone. Like they carry around water buckets, bottles, guns, and squirters and just wet you. IT IS THE BEST. Sister K and I may or may not have carried around water guns the whole day. We had them in our bags until there was a need of course. Anyway.....we got so wet. Like I think I got more wet than if I had jumped in a pool. Before church we didn't get it too bad but when we were walking out the youth were ready with sacrament cups to throw them at us. LITTLE DID THEY KNOW we had something up our sleeve-in our bag. haha. We got them so good. hahahaha. But then they got us with cups. Anyways. it was great. So I thought that was it....HAHA. No. So we are walking away from the church and this guy is watering the floor (don't ask) this little kid takes the hose and just starts spraying us. OKAY! Things like that happened all the way home. People from their cars would spray us with water...people up in their balcony's dropped buckets on us...also all the boys just dumped bucket after bucket on us while walking home. Honestly it was probably one of the most favorite things of my life. I guess we were setting our selves up for it because we had guns. It was probably a really funny sight to see these American girls walking around drenched holding guns. They definitely used that to an advantage. OH. Also We made it a goal to spray all the ones who were smoking. We asked around before if it was allowed, like we asked smokers and they said it would be funny. So we did. They got mad. We got excited. Also we saved them from dying that much more. Well we got soaked. I thinked I changed twice yesterday. So there is that. Also we have a balcony and just had a few buckets ready to drop on people. We got like 10. It was fab. Can we bring this to America?

V: We weren't able to meet with her at all last week. That was really rough. But she still reads every day and prays morning and night. She's perfect. I say that every week. But she really is.

Miracle Goals: We made some high goals together last week. We were a little nervous but wanted to really push ourselves. We did not make all of our goals but we met most of them and surpassed a few of them. I was sitting in sacrament, looking around at all our investigators that braved the water day to come to church and I started to cry. The Lord gave me a little pick-me-up. He loves me.

Also, our taxi driver bought us flowers and had ABBA playing in his car so we had a party!

I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment